Every Thanksgiving my mom makes the most amazing Pecan Pie. She always makes an extra one for me so I can take it back to my apartment with me. Its such a simple recipe, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
4 cups of dark Karo syrup
3 cups of light brown sugar
2 tablespoons softened butter
1/4 cup of Evan Williams Bourbon Whiskey (optional)
4 cups of Pecans
3 tablespoons of Vanilla
1 box of Pillsbury Pie Crust
1) Pre heat oven to 335 degrees.
2) Mix all the ingredients in a mixer BUT add the pecans last.
3) Mix thoroughly by hand. Pour mixture on top of pie crust.
4) Bake 70 minutes until the top is firm.
5) Let cool for 30 minutes before serving.
This is what it should look like